Aims of the post:
To provide an appropriate level of support to people with acquired brain injuries across the county.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
1. To support individuals as required/agreed in the individual’s care plan.
2. To support individuals to organise paper work, post and appointments.
3. To accompany individuals to participate in meaningful activities set out in their care plan.
4. To attend groups / classes / courses/appointments where required.
5. To make home visits where appropriate and work with clients to implement next steps, in the community, or at home.
6. To provide basic information and support with money management issues, housing and welfare benefits and to sign post to other organisations for more detailed advice (including Headway Oxfordshire’s Community Support Team).
7. To liaise with carers (both family and paid) of members and provide appropriate support.
8. To liaise closely with other members of Community Support Team over work with individuals.
9. To keep accurate and timely records of all clients seen, visits made and outcomes.
10. To write reports as necessary.
11. To complete all paperwork and attendance records when working in the Activity and Rehabilitation Centre (ARC).
12. To support the ARC Co-ordinator in setting up and running daily activities in the ARC, and clearing away at the end of each session/day.
13. To attend regular supervision sessions with manager.
14. To attend Headway staff meetings as required.
15. To attend relevant training courses as required.
16. To transport individuals to activities, appointments and Headway’s Activity and Rehabilitation Centre using either own transport or Headway’s minibus.
17. Other duties as required by manager.